Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2018

Mama Llama Party!


You will be getting your mom a card for Mother's Day and you can even get her a gift but how about you bake her a cake and make the whole day a fun and super cute celebration!


The 'Mama Llama' paper collection from Simple Stories is full of beautiful colors and the cutest mama llamas ever! I was so inspired by these adorable animals, I made my own sweet llama and dressed it up with all of the fun papers and stickers from the collection!


I found this paper llama and cactus at this website by illustrator and paper engineer Tina Krause. It took a little bit to cut all of the pieces out but then they were super easy to assemble. Once that was done I used the colorful patterned papers to make a saddle blanket complete with fringe. I layered that with a couple of the stickers from the collection.


The flower banner around the llamas neck is also a sticker and then I simply punched some circles form the other patterns and strung those together on some shiny gold thread! I cut three 1 inch by 2 inch pieces of patterned paper and cut 'fringe' into each for the tassel. These were rolled up and glued onto more of the gold thread and then looped onto the ear.


I die cut the fiesta flags from more of the colorful papers and strung those together for a charming banner, adding in smaller fishtail flags and a few stickers for extra cuteness! The sign, made from one of the stickers in the collection, is mounted on a folded piece of paper and highlighted with a sentiment! Simple but perfect! Be sure and give your mom a kiss on Mother's Day!




Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:

https://faltmanufaktur.wordpress.com/2017/11/07/freebie-papertoy-lama-kaktus-how-to/

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Tara, what fantastic decorations on your gorgeous cake for your mom! I would be elated to receive this for Mother's Day. Great project, Tara!
    Bev Polen, Guneaux Designs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...