Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Spooky Good Banner!


Hi everyone! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays to decorate and craft for. I love the rich color combos, the spookiness and the fact that everyone young and old love this festive day! The treats aren't too bad either!


For this project I wanted to combine my love of treats into a decoration and this hanging banner definitely fits the bill!  The 'Simple Vintage Halloween' paper collection from Simple Stories is full of traditional blacks and oranges in amazing designs and the chipboard, ephemera and stickers are cute, quirky and super fun! 


Using the amazing patterned papers as the base of my banner, I cut three different backgrounds for my banner flags. I then created pockets for each flag from card stock and topped those with more fun patterned paper or a 4x6 journal card. The pockets themselves are large enough to hold a good amount of holiday treats and a small decoration!




A big variety of the Bits & Pieces, chipboard stickers and word stickers were layered over the top of the pockets adding lots of fabulous visual details! To accent each pocket a bit more, I used strips of the matching washi tapes too!

To hang this jolly banner I used a dowel rod that was cut to size and covered in more washi tape with a strip of ribbon adhered to both ends. I then embellished the banner with  lots of paper curls and more stickers for a jolly look! 



Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:
Offray ribbon
Craft store dowel
Colored Craft sticks
Black and Orange card stock

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...