Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2019

Simple Thanks!


Hi everyone! It feels like an eternity since I have stamped a card! But I am back with a card for the Color Throwdown #525 and that makes me so happy!



The color scheme this week was super simple but so striking! I love the combo of black and brown and against a background of white, those colors really pop! I kept my card super simple too with just a few images.


I started by stamping the buffalo check (who doesn't love a good buffalo check?!) at the bottom of the card knowing I would layer some die cuts against it. I wet embossed the white on brown springs and hand cut them before layering them on top. 


To bring in the wood grain of the inspiration picture, I die cut the word 'Thanks' in several layers of solid brown card stock before giving it a last layer of wood patterned paper. The white in the wood grain goes great with the white embossing!


Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:
Taylored Expressions 'Thanks' die
Cartwright's sequins

2 comments:

  1. This card is FANTASTIC! I just love it! Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the colors, Tara! Thanks for playing along at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...