Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2018

Fall Favorites!


Hi everyone! Thanksgiving to me is a time to share love and laughter with family and friends with all of our favorite comfort foods. At our annual Thanksgiving dinner, I make the main portion of the meal but ask everyone to bring their favorite dish to share. As we our enjoying our meal we always say how wonderful everything is and we wish we had the recipes to make the dishes ourselves. So in the spirit of Thanksgiving I decide to create a family cookbook to collect all of those divine recipes that I want to enjoy all year long!


I chose three of the beautiful patterned papers from the Simple Stories 'Forever Fall' paper collection and folded up one edge to create a pocket. Using my sewing machine I stitched around the sides and bottoms for extra detail and then folded the papers in half to create 6 pockets. Since I knew this would be used in the kitchen, I gave it a clear cover cut from an Avery job ticket holder! I stacked all of the pockets together along with the plastic and sewed down the center to keep it all together!



I used the charming and beautiful  journal cards, Bits & Pieces, chipboard and stickers to decorate and embellish the cover and pockets of my cookbook. I also added in some fun family Fall photos along with some journaling areas so this will be a treasured keepsake as well!




I made the recipe cards using the other patterned papers in the collection and some of the gorgeous 'Forever Fall' digital images that are available. Using a paper design app, I made the recipe cards and printed them put onto heavy printer paper. Easy peasy and super cute! I scored all of my cards so they can be open or folded close.



Each page was given a tab made with the stickers of the collection and then I used a label printer to make the labels so the recipes will be easy to organize and find. I have a feeling when my friends and family see this adorable collection cookbook they will all be wanting one for themselves! 




Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:
'Forever Fall' digital images
sewing machine and thread

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...