Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Housewarming Watercolor!


Hi everyone! Have you checked out the new neighborhood stamp set from The Alley Way Stamps? Mrs. Rogers Neighborhood is a set of charming houses and buildings with adorable accessories that can be mixed and matched for total cuteness!

This set is perfect to create a housewarming gift for new home owners or new neighbors! I stamped the images in a light distress ink and then watercolored the images with more distress ink and a water brush. The colors are still vibrant but with soft edges! There is a cloud image included in the set but I painted these fluffy ones freehand to keep that soft look and then stamped the tiny polka dots with a stamp from Wreathed in Love. A tag with another of the adorable images from the set adorned with a metal key is the perfect embellishment!



I included a picture of the frame with the glass in so you could see the finished product but there is also that glare from the photo lights. Trust me, it looks wonderful in real life! 



Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:
Target frame
Ranger Distress ink, Stampin' Up ink
Bristol smooth surface paper
Tim Holtz metal key

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word, this is perfect!!! My SIL just moved, and I have been trying to think what to make for them!! This turned out adorable! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...