Pages

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Watercolor Birthday Quilt!


Hi everyone! I am back posting after a brief hiatus and it feels good! I have some cards to share over the next few weeks that were created a little while ago but that I am just getting around to posting! 



Todays card is one that I created after I took the watercolor class at Online Card Classes from which I learned so many new things! This background stamp from Hero Arts was one of the featured stamps and I just had to have it! I  embossed it in white and then simply added a tiny bit of distress marker to the colored areas and used a water pen to pull out the color to fill in the remaining area! Sometimes watercoloring can be a little time consuming but it is oh so worth it! I layered this 'quilt' over some pretty MME papers and added in a gorgeous velvet flower from Maya Road!



The inside is simple with a sweet birthday sentiment stamped in purple ink. I embellished the inside with a few more purple rain dots and left lots of space to write in a special message!


Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:
Bristol Smooth Surface paper
My Mind;s Eye 6x6 paper pad 'A Beautiful Life'
Crystal Stickers purple gems
Maya Road velvet flower
WOW! Embossing powder


1 comment:

  1. I am so bad at watercoloring!! lol! This is absolutely gorgeous!!! You picked a great combo of colors!! Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...