Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Doodlie-do!


Hi everyone! Popping in to share some cards I created with the Doodlie-do clear stamp set from Papertrey Ink! I adore this set because it looks great by itself, colored in or stamped as you will see on these cards! I also kept both cards fairly one layer which is a real challenge for me!

The first card is all me and full of color! I die cut the flowers, stamped them in Memento ink and then colored them with a rainbow of Copic markers.  These vivid blooms are layered over fun chevrons with some twinkling sequins tucked in!



Super simple on the inside too! No fancy layers here. I just let the gorgeous stamps do the talking!



I am entering this card into the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Bouquet. The inspiration photo for the challenge is below!



I still had the set out on my craft desk and was wondering what to do next when I saw the Papertrey Ink Make It Monday challenge #209 and decided to 'make it work'! The challenge is white on white die cuts with a pop of color. Sounds simple enough but blank white space is kinda hard for me so I had to jazz up my die cuts a bit with some dry embossing. One big pink flower and a simple sentiment are my pops of color along with some tiny gems to fill in that white space!



Another simple inside with a smaller flower image and more shiny gems. I don't mind white space on the inside since I know I will be filling it up with a sweet message!




Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:
Cartwrights sequins
Memento Ink 
Copic Markers
Cuttlebug embossing folder

9 comments:

  1. Love your explanation of 'white space phobia'! There are a few of us with the same problem! Your card turned our beautiful. The pink on white is the perfect 'kiss' of color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute cards! great texture on the white on white card with those dry embossed flowers. thanks for playing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cards and what you did to add to the white space. Thanks for sharing your art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rocking the floral!! So gorgeous! The colors jump right off of the page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards. Can I tell you how much I love the multi-coloured Doodlie-Do? Enough that I'll have to CASE it! I can deal quite easily with white space, but rounding corners not so much. Love how you rounded only one corner - so daring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The texture on those flowers and leaves is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Papertrey Ink and your cards. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...