Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Feathers Two Ways!


Hi everyone! I have two cards today, both created for the new Color Throwdown Challenge in soothing shades of gray, yellow, blue and green! I started out by die-cutting some feather shapes and couldn't decide which I liked better so I decided to show them both!



The first card features the feathers die-cut from white card stock and colored with Distress Inks and stencils. I layered these over a soft gray background that also has a muted stamped image. For contrast, I stamped the sentiment in black and added in black hemp cord as well!


The feathers for the second card were die-cut from colored card stock and then texture embossed for visual interest. I inked the edges a bit so they would really stand out against the white background which was also embossed in dots and highlighted with some simple twine. I split up the front panel using a bracket die and only partially embossed the bottom piece to leave room for a sweet sentiment!




Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:
Bazzil card stock
Lifestyle Crafts 'Spotted' embossing folder
Memory Box Texture 'Diamond' stencil
Studio Calico 'Mr. Hueys Chevron' stencil
Bead Landing hemp cord
Prima 'All Star' Sugarcoat stickers
Carta Bella 'Christmas Delivery' enamel dots

2 comments:

  1. Fun cards!! Love those embossed feathers and the feathers with design! So glad you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...your feathers look amazing in these colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...