Pages

Friday, October 13, 2017

Going Batty!


Hi everyone! Halloween is drawing near and this weeks Color Throwdown Challenge #464 is the perfect color combo for a holiday card! I used the colors for my inspiration and opted for some cute bats instead of pumpkins.



Because I love color, I decided to make the most of the orange in the challenge and created an ink blended, ombre background using a stencil. This allows the rest of the stamping to really stand out in silhouette!  To accentuate the black even more, I added in shiny enamel stars and tiny black pearls.


All od this was mounted onto a printed burlap 6x6 paper and tied with some fun raffia. After tying the raffia I decided to keep the ends long because I really liked the effect! The background was adhered to an orange card base with some foam tape for a bit of dimension!




Thanks for checking out my blog!  Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:
Heidi Swapp Make Pretty Stuff star stickers
Say It With Pearls mini pearls
Craft Store raffia

3 comments:

  1. Love your card - that rustic twine at the top is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card- love the gradient stencil and raffia! So happy you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome card! So creative!! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...