Pages

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Rainbow Birthday!


Hi everyone! Another fun watercolor technique on this card- the drip technique! And with these bright colors it's perfect for a birthday card!


This technique is pretty easy but it did take me a couple of tries to get a finished product that I liked. I used Bristol smooth card stock  as I wanted the colors to run and drip rather than soak into the paper. Bright watercolors were applied pretty heavily to the top of the paper and blended together just a bit before spraying with water and then holding the paper upright so everything would run. On my first attempt I used A LOT of water and  the colors just all ran together and got messy . I used less water for the second try and got a nice run on the colors.


There was still a good amount of white space left on the card stock, so I decided to cut it down a bit by using a fishtail flag die. For even more interest, I cut three separate fishtails and mounted them together on a blue background to really make the colors stand out and add another hue to my rainbow card!


To get all of the rainbow colors, I also added in an orange star and then topped that off with a few smaller stars. The word happy was die cut a few times and layered together for thickness. To bring out more blue I stamped the word birthday onto white card stock and added that to this bright and colorful card!

Thanks for checking out my blog!  Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...