Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

Happy Birthday!

My niece will be turning 8 at the end of this week and she is a little bit of a cowgirl.  She rides horses and wears cowboy boots but in a very girly way.  I wanted to make her a card to help celebrate and I also used this card for the My Favorite Thing Wednesday Stamp Club challenge #64.


I used the My Favorite Things Pure Innocence Cowgirl stamp set along with the Die-namics country charm die set.  The designer paper I used is My Mind's Eye Dilly Dally 6x6 paper pad.  It has some very cute county-ish papers.  I especially love the wood paper.  I colored this cowgirl with Copic markers after stamping her in Memento Rich Cocoa Ink.  I sewed an actual bandana on this card to give it a country touch then used twine to 'rope' it all together.


Here is a close-up of the charms I used.  I cut them out with my Cuttlebug and then covered them in  Martha Stewart glitter.  I attached them to the twine using a pin I took off some clothes I bought at Martin & Osa.  Cute! 


On the inside of the card I added some more of this cute paper and stamped a shadow of the cowgirl.  I typed the sentiment on my computer and then printed it out.



These are the My Favorite Things stamps and dies I used for this card.




Thanks for checking out my blog!

4 comments:

  1. oh, my! this is one cute card. LOVE the bandana...sooo cool! thanks for stopping by my blog today and leaving some love! I always appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. I love how you used a real bandana. Your niece is going to love it. Just perfect.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute!! Congrats on being featured on the MFT blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...