Pages

Friday, August 17, 2012

'C'ing Love


Hi everyone!  I created this home decor piece a while back but since it is one of my favorite things in my home, I thought I would share it with you.  This paper mache 'C' is from Hobby Lobby and stands approximately 9 inches tall. In case you're wondering, my last name is Chaussee, hence the 'C'.


Since my last name is French I wanted to play a little on that theme so I decided to use the antiqued fleur-de-lis and checkered paper. The tag features Stampin Up! stamps 'Dreams du jour' and 'En Francais'  both of which have French names, but purely coincidental!  I cut the tag with my Cricut and secured it around the letter with a piece of ribbon (and a little glue).


The rose and leaves were handcut out of patterned paper and then painted with Shimmerz Pearlz paints.  The rose to match the ink that I stamped with and the leaves in an iridescent pearl.  I simply glued the rose and leaves on the letter for a little accent.  This hangs in the entryway of my home and adds a sweet touch.

Thanks for checking out my blog!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...