Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Be Mine!


Hi everyone!  Another sweet Valentine's Day project to show you and this was a super fun one to create.  Papertrey Ink is celebrating their 100th 'Make It Monday' challenge and I could not resist this one!  The challenge this week was how to package cards with oversized embellishments.  The video tutorial has some great ideas on creative packaging so I have included a link to it here



A lot of the cards I make have thick or oversized embellishments or pieces hanging off the sides so this challenge was right up my alley.  Plus I love to combine my cards in coordinating gift sets and this will be perfect for a Valentine's Day treat!


I originally started with a 4 1/2"square card. My oversized embellishments on the card were a large cluster of Notched Flowers cut from my Authentique 'Lovely' paper pad.  I also included some Fancy Flourishes from My Favorite Things and a sentiment banner.   All of these embellishments added an inch to the size of the card and because I flipped up the edges of the flowers and the flourishes, it couldn't go in a flat envelope.  So I created a custom pillow box to fit this adorable card and a small gift!



The finished dimensions of the pillow box are 5 1/2 by 5 1/2" - just perfect for nesting the card! I used a 12 x 12 sheet of white card stock and cut the pillow box to 12" by 9 1/2".  I added score lines at 5 1/2"and 11"  and then curved score lines at 2" on either end. Easy peasy!  I decorated the outside using all Papertrey Ink stamps, more notched flowers and lots of hearts.  I plan on writing the lucky recipients name on the gorgeous new Papertrey Ink label.  


Thanks for checking out my blog!  Bee Happy!!


2 comments:

  1. What a great combination of dies you used on here!! So pretty with all of the reds and pinks!! That pillow box is a fantastic idea! Great work woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning card!! I love the colors you used. I am in LOVE with the pillow box idea too. Really great entry!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...