Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Easter Goodies!


Hi everyone! Easter is almost upon us and since I missed out on getting any new stamps for the holidays, I thought I would use what I had on hand to create a sweet Easter gift!


I bought this little paper mâché bird house a while ago and decided it was high time for me to get it out and decorate it. It is hollow so I had the bright idea to turn it into a gift box and fill it with goodies  and combine it with a card for a sweet gift!  


The paper I used for this darling gift is from the Miss Caroline 'Howdy Doody' 6x6 paper pad from My Mind's Eye. The pastel colors are perfect for the Easter holiday and I added lots of glitter to really make it shine!


The roof of the birdhouse needed a bit of personality so I added some charming 'shingles' and gave some a shiny coat of glitter. This little house is too cute to not decorate all the sides with flourishes and flowers!


An exacto knife cut through the paper mâché easily and there is plenty of room inside the box for lots of gifts and goodies! 


Since this isn't exactly for Easter, it could easily be used as a birthday or Thank You gift too!


The matching card features lots of the pretty papers from the collection. I die cut a wreath and lots of pretty flowers to embellish it with. A cabbage ribbon bow is the finishing touch!


I couldn't resist one more view of this gorgeous card! I just love all of the flower and glitters- perfect for a Spring holiday!


Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:
My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline 'Howdy Doody' 6x6 paper pad
Doodlebug Design mini pearls
Tim Holtz Distress Ink 'Tea Dye'
Cabbage Ribbon: Praire Bird Boutique at Easy.com
The Paper Studio ribbon hole punch
Prisma Glitter

2 comments:

  1. That birdhouse makes my heart go pitter-pat!! This is such a cool project!! I love the Spring colors!! Really fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Beautiful bird house and card...so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...