Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Fun Ornament Decor!


Hi everyone! This post was supposed to be up a while ago but I had a tiny  (but not really) mishap that totally set my Christmas projects back! About a week ago I reached down to scratch my leg and hit my finger on a small metal star on the boot I was wearing. The edge of the metal slipped under my fingernail and hurt, and I cursed and then promptly forget about it. The next day, however, I knew it was not a simple contusion and things only got worse from there and my hand has been pretty much out of commission since.  It is on the mend now so I can start up again with my craftiness!

Anyhoo, back to this adorable project! Felt ornaments are all the rage and I have been wanting to make some for  a while. I used a few different metal dies to cut these cuties out and embellish! It was so much fun to mix and match the colors and then add all of the goodies! The frame, from Michaels Studio Decor line, is perfect for a sweet holiday display with tiny sweets tucked in!


I sewed tiny pockets on the back of all of the ornaments except the snowflakes- they are there just to look pretty! These pockets can be filled with sweets or even small gifts.  It would also be great as an advent calendar for the final twelve days leading up to Christmas!



The stocking die is from Memory Crafts and has holes already in place for quick and easy sewing! I did a lot of hand sewing to apply shiny embellishments!


Such fun and bright colors that are perfect for Christmas! I can see how these ornaments become treasured heirlooms!


Simple embroidery adds a sweet touch to already cute adornments! You don't even need special sewing skills to make these look beautiful!


Hope this inspires you to create some felt ornaments of your own. They can be used for decor, to decorate a tree or as an adorable gift topper! After all of this typing, I am off to take some Advil for my finger and give it a little break!




Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:
Felt: red, white, lt. green and yellow from My Favorite Things; dk. green from craft store
Offray ribbon
Sequins: Lawn Fawn, Cartwrights', Lucys Cards
Savanah frame by Studio Decor (Michaels)
Craft store beads



1 comment:

  1. I love these felt ornaments!!! I have always wanted to make some of those, and just haven't taken the time to do it! Really cool project!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...