Pages

Friday, October 5, 2018

Mixed Media Fun!


Hi everyone! I don't have a messy card making style. I use a lot of color but it's all die-cutting and stamping with a bit of painting thrown in for good measure. This last weekend I attended the Ready, Set, Create event in California and got messy with Vicki Boutin!


Vicki is all about mixed media- paints, colors, water, stencils and it was so much fun! We created three fabulous backgrounds that were intended for 12x12 layouts. However, I took one of the backgrounds that was done in pretty shades of pink, green and yellow, and used it to make some beautiful cards using the 'Field Notes' paper collection!


The backgrounds were created with a mix of wet and dry art crayons and stencils in two of the color combos. Then I layered pieces of the patterned papers along with some of the ephemera icons and thickers in interesting mixes on top of the background. So pretty!


This was only one of the awesome backgrounds I created in the class! I can't wait to show you what I have in store for the others! Make sure you check back to see my fabulous projects!


Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...