Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

Mother's Day gift for Grandma!



Hi everyone!  I know Mother's day has passed but I had to wait to post these pics in case some special ladies saw them before they received them! I will actually have a couple of posts because this first one has a lot of pictures so I hope you enjoy the show.  


I created this card box and a collection of cards for my Grandma's Mother's Day gift.  Funny story though- as I was getting this post ready, editing all of the card pictures I suddenly realized I never took a picture of her actual Mother's Day card!!  OMG I couldn't believe I had forgotten that very important picture. Plus, it was a beautiful card featuring Quilters Sampler from Paper Trey Ink, a thread card and a darling hat pin.  Oh well, I will have to ask my Grandma to take a picture of it, send it to me and I will post it at a later time:)

My Grandma is one of my biggest fans so I love to create cards for her.  In fact, when she received her gift and had admired her collection of handmade goodies she commented that she wanted to keep all of them and not give any out to her friends!  Love her! 


The gorgeous card holder I created from a tutorial on Split Coast Stampers using the beautiful  'Greenhouse Gala' paper from Stampin Up!  The flower closure on the front was created with lots of PaperTrey Ink flower dies.  I first cut them out then spritzed them with water and crinkled them all up.  Once dry, I unfolded them and stacked them together with a brad in the center.  Beautiful!  This box is big enough to hold 10 cards and envelopes but it is snug.  I did add a layer of chipboard onto the bottom to help with the weight.



This is the whole collection of cards that I included.  Some Birthday, some Hello and a couple of Get Well - I had so much fun creating all of these.  Below are my favorites.......


 A sweet Thank You card featuring PTI's special Funky Floral stamp set and Notched Flower and Framed Out #1 dies.  The polka dotted paper is also from PTI and the leaves are from MFT Dienamics Royal Leaves.

  
  

This Get well card uses some stamps from PTI's Quilters Sampler and some cute paper from Echo Park.  Love the rulers in the background- perfect for the sewing theme!



I used the new and never inked Pretty Poppies stamp set and Poppies & Leaves dies from My Favorite things to create this Thinking of You card. I colored in the centers of the poppies with a black marker and added some liquid pearls.




 These last two cards feature fun stamps and dies from Verve.  The top card uses the Notebook Paper stamp and die and the Making a Statement stamp set and coordinating Rounded Scallop Frame and Loopy Blooms Die.  On the bottom card, I stamped the coffee cup image from the Better With You set and paper pieced it together along with some glittery steam.

Oh how I wish I could show you all of the cards I gave her but then this post would go on forever and you would just get bored!  Believe me they were all so beautiful (tooting my own horn a bit, ha ha) and I know she will love them all.  Hopefully her friends will receive a few too!

Thanks for checking out my blog!  Bee Happy! 
 The supplies used:



2 comments:

  1. Holy cow Tara!!! These are all fantastic!! Wow, I love that box! All of the cards you made to put in the box are gorgeous! I can see why your grandma would like to keep them! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome gift! The cards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...