Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Fun With Feathers!


Hi everyone! I'm so glad feathers are still in! I have had this fabulous set from The Alley Way Stamps since I was on the design team and have never used it! What was I thinking!?! I love this set of fantastic feathers that are large and so full of great details!


I really wanted to watercolor the feathers first but didn't like my first attempt with black ink. So, on this card, I stamped the images in distress inks and went over them with a wet paintbrush. I love the solid color with all of the details intact!  I added in some sparkly glitter for a bit of shine and a barely noticeable ribbon for a soft effect!




The inside features one more watercolor feather and a happy sentiment!




Since color is really my thing, I decided to create another card with these beauties in some bright Fall hues. I kept the bottom portion of the card open for the sentiment and added in a couple of stripes too. 




Clean and simple for the inside of this card. A few fun feathers for a side border and a fabulous sentiment!


Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:
Bazaar card stock
Basic Grey candy dots
American Crafts ribbon

2 comments:

  1. So cool and contemporary looking!! They jump right off the page!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again Tara....I'm still here blog-stalking! These are simply gorgeous and I'm going to have to try these distress inks.

    My Current Blog Challenge is Orange You Sweet ~ Join Me!

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...