Pages

Friday, September 16, 2016

Feather Trio!


Hi everyone! The other day I purchased a pair of boots by Jessica Simpson and fell in love with the box top which features a watercolor feather with her logo embossed in gold. Instantly I thought of the Papertrey Ink 'Feather Finery' stamp set and was inspired to create this trio of watercolor cards.


With the first card, I applied distress ink to the stamp, spritzed it with water and got this soft and muted feather. Keeping with the JS logo, I embossed a sentiment in gold over the feather and then outlined the edges a bit to make it really stand out! Some gold splatters and a gold thread bow add pretty accents along with sparkly sequins and lots of Wink of Stella shine!


For the bluish feather, I put the distress inks directly onto my craft sheet and added just a small spritz of water before stamping with the image. The center of this feather is embossed with silver along with some splatters that I added by hand. I gave this card a little sparkle with silver thread and some Glossy Accents dots.


The final card is actually watercolored with Kuretake watercolors. The image was first stamped with Versafine Ink and left to dry before adding in the blues and greys with a brush. I kept this card more simple with a silver strip of card stock and a few scattered stars and sequins!



Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:
Bazzil Card Stock
Cartwrights sequins in Crystal, Glossy Black and Duck Wing Blue
DMCThread in Gold and Silver

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...