Pages

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

A Lemon Party!


Hi everyone! Has anyone else noticed all of the lemon decor in stores? Well I sure have and I decided to go with the flow and create something with lemons! Also, I bought some new Prismacolor pencils recently and wanted to give those a try too.


The Avery Elle Berry Good stamp set has the perfect large lemon shape and I just love the sentiment that is included with the set! I stamped and masked a trio of lemons down the side of a kraft envelope and colored them in with the pencils. The Prismacolor pencils are soft and creamy and really a joy to color with! I was pretty impressed with my first time coloring!


To fill in the space opposite the lemons, I stamped a few chevron stripes in versa mark ink so they would give a nice contrast to the envelope. I had originally intended the die cut and colored lemon to be a tag on the envelope but after I stamped the sentiment, I thought it looked best stacked on the others for a bit of dimension.  The final detail on the envelope were some tiny white polka dots added with a Signo White Gel Pen!


To emulate the brightness of the lemons, I made the enclosed card a nice, bright yellow and added more lemons down the opposite side of the card. I carried out the same chevron pattern on the card also, this time stamping it in a kraft ink. Keeping with the kraft theme, I added in a tiny strip of kraft card stock for the sentiment near the bottom of the card. More white polka dots and a couple of strands of black and white twine finish off this adorable gift set.


I added more black and white twine to the back of the envelope so this gift set can be tied to a bottle or to a gift for someone needing a little pick me up!


Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!

Supplies Used:
Kraft card stock


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...