Pages

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Graduation Party Banner!


Hi everyone! May signifies the start of graduation season around here. Lots of kids will soon be graduating from high school and college and we can't forget about those middle schoolers either! There will be lots of parties to attend and maybe even some to throw and I have some inspiration for a fun gift and/or decoration for the grad!


I love banners! They are a fun decoration and show off paper collections really well! This "Grad' paper collection from Simple Stories is full of great details and phrases plus the color scheme, which is black, white, gold and silver will work with so many school colors! 


Since this banner would be including pictures, I started by cutting fun frames from the fabulous patterned papers and because there were so many awesome journaling card elements, I decided to do a double banner and include some of those!


Once I had the frames cut and everything placed in the order I wanted, I began choosing the great sticker shapes and sentiments to embellish them! So many uplifting phrases to really pump up the new graduate! I layered these along with more of the patterned paper as well as some glittery gold stars from Studio Calico.


All of the frames and journal card elements were hot glued to black twine. On each end of the banner, to help keep the sections from overlapping, I made large fishtail flags from the great papers and added in some curled twine and gold curling ribbon.  


I put in pictures of my daughters graduation (from a few years back!) but this banner would look awesome filled with yearly school pics of the graduate! It will be such a great memento to mark this big occasion!



Supplies Used:
Bead Landing black cording
The Paper Studio tiny metallic stars
Party City Curling Ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...