Pages

Monday, May 15, 2017

Heart Of Flowers!


Hi everyone! Hope you'll had a wonderful Mother's Day! I know I did- I am celebrating in Florence, Italy! I am missing my kids but I'll take the trade-off! 

This is the beautiful Mother's Day card I made for my mom! I am posting it a day late but otherwise she would have seen it before she opened it and that's no fun! The watercolor background was made for an earlier Color Throwdown challenge but I wasn't really feeling it at the time and just put it away for a later use. It works beautifully with this stunning flower filled heart!


I die cut the Heart of Flowers first but felt it needed more definition so I used a larger heart die to give me the finished heart shape. I layered this over the watercolor background which was lightly misted with some gold Perfect Pearls! 



I added in more gold with the large 'Love' sentiment and then stacked everything onto some perfectly matching purply-magenta card stock! I didn't have this sentiment in a stamp (or at least I couldn't find it!) so I printed it from my computer in a pretty scrip font. I fussy cut around it and layered it over the pretty heart. 

I gave the corners a bit of detail and added in some sparkly gold ribbon before adhering it to a white square card base! The final detail are some shiny gold gems for the centers of the flowers. I tok the die cut pieces from one of the smaller blooms and put them together for the center of the gold bow. 



It's a beautiful card for the beautiful woman that means the world to me! I know it will bring a smile to her face when she opens it!


Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!

Supplies Used:
Mark richards gold gems
bead Landing gold gems
Celebrate It gold ribbon
Fishers corner punch
Bazzil card stock
The Paper Studio gold card stock

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...