Pages

Monday, August 20, 2018

Lots Of Stars!


Hi everyone! I was messing around the other day with some distress inks trying to make a watercolor background I was happy with and not liking any of them. So I stepped away for a bit and when I came back to my workspace I spotted one background that was to my liking. Funny how that works sometimes!


This background had previously had a very light color wash on it and then I was going to add more color so I applied the distress ink minis in hard splotches. This was about the point I gave up and walked away and when I came back this background was all dried and just needed that 'something else'. I didn't want to take away from the texture or color of the background too much so I simply stenciled some iridescent stars with Vicki Boutin's Iridescent Glaze! They just shimmer on the background in such a pretty way!


The next step was to add a thick colored frame around the background and a double stacked word die-cut along with a simple stamped sentiment. A few small stars in coordinating colors were layered on the very top. All in all, coming from a series of backgrounds that I did not like, I think this turned out to be a pretty sweet card!




Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...