Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Hello Baby Girl!



Hi everyone! I was asked to make a baby girl card for a western themed shower and I was all too happy to oblige! I have made a western wedding card before and although I was going for the same feel, I wanted this baby card to be softer and more delicate!



The background was created using an embossing folder and a soft pink ink. I covered the indented side of the embossing folder, inserted my card stock and ran the whole thing through my machine. I added in a delicate doily border and topped it off with a soft bow cut from a faded pink bandana. To keep it a bit more western, I added in a few star metal charms and printed out the sentiment in western style fonts.



The inside sentiment is also done in the western Giddy-Up font and I layered this card stock over a solid embossed background. Some tiny pearls and a lone silver star were the final touches. Perfect for a little cow girl in the making!



Since I was playing around with embossing folders and ink, I thought I would try another baby card- this one with an ombre background.  I chose a more whimsical embossing folder and then cut out a few adorable baby items from different pink card stock. Each one has a bit of glitter and they are layered over some soft pink twine and a doily. I double up the baby sentiment giving it a black edge and then tucked in a few sequins. 



More of the ombre embossed background for the inside as well as a few more sequins. Plus, I had to add in this adorable baby sock with it's little bit of glitter!

Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:
Craft Store: natural twine, bandana, star charms
Sizzix Paisley embossing folder, Cuttlebug Spots and Dots embossing folder
Martha Stewart dolly border punch, Stampin' Up scallop border punch
Stampin' Up Pixie Pink ink
American Crafts ribbon
"Crystal' stickles
Crystal Stickers pearls
Computer and printer; Trocadero and Giddy-Up fonts


1 comment:

  1. Never would have thought to pair up baby girl with western, but OMG so cute!!! Love the ombre on the 2nd card too!! Totally adorable work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...