Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Western Wedding!



Hi everyone! I love to create wedding cards! It's always a happy occasion and a day that will be cherished forever. It's extra special when I can create something that is more personal and custom for the happy couple!

In case you you can't tell, this card is for a western wedding but I didn't want to add all of the 'traditional' western items like stars and cowboy boots. I went for something a little more romantic!


For the background, I used a technique that I found on wonderful Pinterest. I dry embossed the card stock with a paisley background then colored it with a dark brown ink. The entire surface was then coated with Versamark ink and  heat embossed with clear embossing powder. It looks just like gorgeous tooled leather! I added a wide strip of lace and some embossed hearts along with some silver beads from an old bracelet. I kept the western feel by wrapping it with twine and topping it off with a twine bow and tiny pearl.


For the inside, I added a pretty scalloped border of the 'tooled' leather and a beautiful and sweet sentiment. One more tiny embossed heart is the finishing touch!


Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy

Supplies Used:

Bazzil and The Paper Studio card stock
Sizzix embossing folder
Stampin'Up lace
Hemp cord
Zing clear embossing powder



2 comments:

  1. Oh my word, that is perfect!!! I love how the paper looks like embossed leather!! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just wonderful. I have to make a 3rd anniversary card and I saw this. Hope you don't mind if I give this a try?
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...