Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Peacocks and Balloons!




Hi everyone!  Peacocks and balloons are a very unlikely combo... except at the zoo and in this post from me! Week three of Summer Card Camp 2 brought a fabulous color combo of purples, blue and browns.  I loved it!  A lot of the other participants were lamenting on how much they hated purple but I think it's a fabulous color and I knew exactly which stamp set I was using. 


I pulled out my never inked, brand-spanking new 'Peacock Pretties' from Reverse Confetti! I stamped the peacock feather in three different colors, clear embossed over it and then fussy cut it out to show all of it's beauty.  I added a kraft heart to match the kraft card base and a few layers stamped with beautiful peacock images.  Triple wrapped twine is the finishing touch!


On the inside I stamped another peacock feather, this one glittered with Stickles and a simple Happy birthday Sentiment.


The next card showcases embossed die-cuts. I die cut the balloons then stamped them and embossed them twice with clear embossing powder.  This picture shows off the shine they have but they are also pretty thick and sturdy.


I dry embossed the front of the card with a Papertrey Ink folder and then die cut an oval to surround my birthday sentiment.  All of the confetti was stamped and then embossed with glitter embossing powder and punched out with circle punches.  I love the twine balloon strings tied with a bow!


Thanks for checking out my blog!  Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...