Pages

Friday, August 30, 2013

Homage to Ombre!

Hi everyone!  Some of you may recognize this card but right after I created it, Moxie Fab World came out with a Tuesday Trigger honoring ombre and I thought this card would be perfect so I am giving it a place of honor with it's very own post!
Here is a picture of the Tuesday Trigger photo (looks yummy AND gorgeous) to inspire our ombre creations.
These adorable flip flops were created with an interesting staining technique that I learned at the 2013 Papertrey Ink Stamp-a-faire.  These might look like regular felt and canvas flip flops but they are all actually stained with Kool-aid! Who knew? I used cherry, watermelon, peach and lemonade. Not only are the colors nice and vibrant they also smelled really good!
All of the dyes were sitting on my kitchen counter with the sun shining through them and that is when my ombre inspiration was born!  I also knew I wanted to create something fun and bright with these colors and what is more fun in the summer than cute little flip flops!
Thanks for checking out my blog!  Bee Happy!!

4 comments:

  1. Who doesn't love flip flops!!! This is so cute and Summer-y, totally love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tara! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...