Pages

Monday, January 15, 2018

Beautiful Medallions!


Hi everyone! I am squeaking these cards in at the last moment for the Color Throwdown Challenge #475! It's a lovely color combo too- aqua. pink and navy! I was also inspired by the picture as well and created these cards with pretty medallion shapes.





The first card has a background of an alcohol ink mix of pink and aqua. I topped that with a navy piece of card stock die cut with some beautiful doily shapes. This die is (very sadly) retired but is one of my favorites that I use quite often and it allows the pretty background to show through the intricate shapes!



The sentiments were stamped on pink card stock in navy and layered over tiny strips of aqua. I felt the card needed some shine so I added in twinkling sequins in shades of aqua and pink! All of this was mounted onto an aqua card base and I even added a doily shape to the inside of the card.



The second card is in softer tones of the challenge colors. I took a strip of nail polish marbled card stock and gave it a soft aqua background before mounting that onto a scalloped base. 



The sentiment is stamped off to the side in the same navy color and I simply placed a couple of gorgeous doilies onto the card. I added in a few candy dots for a pop of color and shine!




Thanks for checking out my blog!  Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:
My Favorite Things Mini Delicate Doilies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...