Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Treasure


Hello everyone.  I hope you all had a great weekend.  Mine was super busy but filled with fun and laughter!  I waited until the very end of the weekend to make this card.  Whew! So glad I got it done. This is for the Mojo Monday 237 challenge.  This was a challenging sketch for me and a lot of things changed as I went along.  Here's what I finally ended up with.  The sketch is below.  Also, I want to give a shout-out out to my beautiful daughter who revamped my blog and designed my new header and buttons- so cute!  I love it.  Thank you Hannah. I love you too:)


I decided I wanted to emboss on black and I tried a few different color combos and I liked the pink the best.  It also went well with the designer paper I had picked out for the project- Basic Grey's 'Out of Print'.  As this is Mojo Monday, I also wanted to use Verve stamps and these cute flowers fit the ticket! The flowers and the sentiment are from 'Sunny Days' and I embossed the flowers with melon mambo powder from Stampin Up!  I wanted a little ribbon so I added this green one from Caramelos Shop at Etsy.com.



The inside has the same color scheme as the front and the sentiment is also from Verve.  It is from the 'Making a Statement' set.  I am kind of disappointed in the pictures.  I took them over and over and could not get the colors quite right.  Could be because the light is funny at this time of the day:)




Thanks for checking out my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...