Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Teachers Pets!


Hey everybody!  This is kind of a weird time to post a blog but I wanted to get my entry in for the My Favorite Things Guest Designer before the deadline and tonight seemed like the perfect time. 


The challenge this month was 'Be a Teachers Pet'.  Right away I knew I would be making a gift for my friend Jamie who is an elementary school teacher.  I decided on a printers tray so I could show off pictures of her cat and dog, both of whom she loves dearly.


The printers tray is from 7 Gypsies and all of the stamp images are MFT Pure Innocence cuties.  I used the Puppy Girl, Purrfect and Splish Splash.  All of the sentiments are from those sets and Clearly Sentimental About Pets.  I love coloring these kids because they are so darn cute and have so much personality.  The cat and dog are pretty cute too:)


All of the paper is from Echo Park 'Summer Days' collection.  I thought these bright pastels would be perfect for this project.  Plus, there are so many fantastic patterns in this collection and they all go together just beautifully.  I used quite a few MFT Die-namics in this project including the sweet little pet charms that coordinate with these stamps.  I also used mini rolled roses, fancy flourish, fishtail stax, mini and oval doilies and lots of banners, tabs and borders.  It was so much fun to layer them all together.


I used a lot of embellishments!  The more the better I say.  Gems, pearls, buttons, twine and some ribbon all added to this pretty project.


The letters on the sides were cut with my Cricut and the Plantin School cartridge.  I would have used Die-namics By the Letter but I don't have them....yet!


All in all, I really love how this tray turned out and I know my friend is going to love it.  It will look fantastic hanging in her classroom and she and her students will all get a lot of joy from it.


I included all of the pictures so you could see a lot more of the individual sections.  I apologize for the really long post but I hope you enjoyed looking at my creative gift!!


Thanks for checking out my blog!

3 comments:

  1. This is totally awesome Tara!! I LOVEEEEEEEE all of the beautiful bright colors and your wonderful details!!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo cute!!!! I saw your amazing project on SCS and just had to come and see all the details. You certainly put a lot of work and love into your project. I have a question for you, is the tray made of wood? I would love to make one for my daughter's room but am looking for a wood try.

    Thank you for sharing your project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy. Thanks for the compliments! Yes, this is a wooden tray by 7 Gypsies. They also come in black and natural. Good luck with the project for your daughter.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...