Pages

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Always Fashionable!


Hi everyone! Papertrey Ink had a big anniversary sale a few weeks ago and I was lucky enough to pick up this 'Fashion Sense' stamp set that was part of the 2015 Stamp-a-Faire collection. I had always admired the set but wasn't taking part in SAF that year and didn't want the whole kit and caboodle.

With this pretty lady, I created a very simple one layer card using a few of the images from the set. I 'smooshed' three colors of distress ink for the main body of her dress and the flower backgrounds before stamping the outline images in black ink for a beautiful contrast. I just love how the distress ink reacted with water for that splotchy effect!


I added in some polka dots in a lighter blue and then had to go for the shine! Small silver paillettes from some Recollections glitter added cool texture and shine and then a few clear sequins added even more sparkle. I stayed with the blue tones for the sentiment and stamped it last over the whole image. So simple and pretty!



Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:
Recollections Chunky Silver Glitter
DMC Silver Thread


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...