Pages

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Floral Birthday!


Hi everyone! Spring has come early to Colorado this year and I can't help but be inspired by the new blooms that are popping up! In fact, it was such a lovely Sunday here that I whipped up two cards in the same style!


I started with some watercolor stripes in shades of orange. I didn't want an ombre effect so I mixed up the different colors and then did another one in shades of pink. Once dry, I embossed these wonderful large birthday sentiments from Mama Elephant in silver and gold metallic.


This is my first time using the 'Blooms and Buds' stamp set from Reverse Confetti and wow, I have really been missing out! The layered blooms are so pretty and are perfect for these cards! I used a ton of ink pads to get the varied colors of the flowers and leaves. 


I used two smaller flower shapes for the orange card and layered and tucked them in with the leaves. Then I added in some shiny gold gems and gold sequins before mounting the whole piece onto some yummy yellow card stock.


The pink card is done in the same manner using one larger and one smaller flower. Again, I layered these together with some different leaf shapes for a stunning effect!  Sparkly gems in pink tones add sparkle to this card and I mounted the watercolor base onto a scalloped border piece before adhering it to a soft pink card base.


The insides of the cards are finished too with smaller birthday sentiments and flowers from the same stamp set. They are ready to go and brighten someone's special day!




Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:
Mark Richards gold gems
Stampin' Up Pixie Pink ink pad
Kaiser craft gems

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...