Pages

Friday, December 20, 2013

Manly Cards!




Hi everyone! I rarely create masculine cards. It's just so much easier to use sparkle and bling and make cards for women. However, my dad just recently celebrated his 75th birthday and I knew I just had to create a card for him!


I started with this card.  I adore this 'Somethin' is Fishy' stamp by Unity and have been wanting to use it for awhile. So, I made the whole card and although I think it's a fantastic card, it was just missing that BIG birthday feel. I especially like the twine knot in the metal belt buckle!


So...I created another one that has a lot of the same styling but is definitely more birthday -ish.  I used the 6x6 'Hipster' paper collection from Basic Grey for both cards- cool  colors and manly graphics. Each card features a Maya Rd. manila tag and I spotlighted the number 75 on this one. I added a banner and colored wooden stars along with some metal accents and twine.


A quick picture of the inside of the birthday card with more stars, gifts and metal. Of course I wrote my dad a special message for this momentous occasion and I surely hope there are lots more birthdays to come!

Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:

2 comments:

  1. Great masculine card! Very cool! Happy holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great masculine card. fun hop Have a great day and A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...